Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Lesley Bushwalk 

The main problem with this bushwalk was getting to the meeting place: Lesley Picnic Area. There is no signpost for it, not even a P. Our directions were "on the right of Brookton Highway, just after the Ashendon Rd turnoff". It's the third time I've done this walk and each time I've had trouble finding the spot.
Anyway, it was a lovely day out, sunny and warm, about 12 kms on fairly flat forestry tracks. Towards the end, the path was inundated with water from the recent heavy rains. At one point, my foot was sucked into the mud. I was wearing my Merrell walking shoes instead of boots - maybe not the best idea under the circumstances, but seasoned Camino walkers are swearing off boots because they are heavy and require too much effort on a long walk.

Pimelia suaveolens
"Blueboy" (Stirlingia latifolia)

This is the first time with the bushwalkers that we've seen the track turn into a running stream!



No comments:

Post a Comment