Sunday, June 15, 2014

Perth to Dubai, 27th April 2014

Poster in Leon
It was a rainy evening as I left Perth for my 2014 Camino adventure. The flight was 50 minutes late taking off, due to an unknown "technical problem", but there would be plenty of time in Dubai to make the connection to Madrid. The plane was packed; not a spare seat anywhere, so no chance of stretching out for a sleep. Dinner was finally served around midnight, after which I took 2 painkillers for the insipient toothache which had been bothering me for a week. Would I have to walk the entire Camino with this problem? The lady sitting next to me (on her way to walk the Via Plata from Seville) suggested oil of cloves, an old-fashioned remedy probably available at a Spanish pharmacy.

I managed to sleep fitfully till about 7.00 a.m. Perth time, when I walked around the plane for a bit and did a few exercises. In Dubai, I went into the airport hotel to book a room overnight for the return journey (US$ 248 for 7-10 hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment