Friday, March 15, 2019

Explosion of Fungi

On Saturday it rained the whole day (which is very unusual in Perth at this time of year). The humidity reached Singapore standards. Two days later I went for a walk along the river to try out my new Pacer Poles in preparation for this year's Camino.

The poles were fantastic and really appeared to propel me along! The rain had also brought out an explosion of fungi, so I had to stop and take a few photos. They had sprung up from the leaf litter below the trees. Two days later they were gone! The hot weather didn't suit them.



I think these are a type of Umbrella Mycena.







There were hundreds of these thrusting through the leaf litter.

Bronze swan statue and fountain,
commemorating WA Australians of the Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment