Monday, March 7, 2022

Picnic

The first three days of March were beautifully cool, but now the weather has reverted to type and it’s just too hot. It should be Autumn but it’s not. My car has been off the road for over 2 weeks, waiting for spare parts to come from Melbourne. There is a backlog of freight,  since the floods caused both the road and the rail line to collapse between Adelaide and Western Australia. Supermarket shelves have big empty areas and many favourite items are unobtainable.

Because I couldn’t drive over to Como, I invited C and E over here for a picnic on Friday night. If we stayed outside, Rocky could join us. (Big dogs are not allowed in this apartment block; small ones have to be carried, so that they don’t go to the loo in the lift). We enjoyed our meal in the enclosed courtyard near the swimming pool: it was a perfect temperature at 6.00 pm, so we must do it again:









Rocky could be let off the lead since there was no escape from the courtyard, though he did patrol the perimeter to make sure!

There was a nice sunset:





My Swiss Cheese plant is taking over the house, sending out long aerial roots:



I might have to re-locate it soon.


More on our heatwave here

2 comments:

  1. Ad hoc picnics are always good! I used to have that plant, by a different name. After years I gave it to a friend who admired it. It bloomed for her within the year. Never for me!
    PS--Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll wait and see what happens: I’ve never seen it bloom.

    ReplyDelete