Thursday, February 9, 2023

A friend in need…

My friend Val had an eye operation this week. When she came out of day surgery, she had been warned she would have very limited vision and certainly be unable to drive. Her daughter lives in Darwin and her son in Albany: at opposite ends of the country. I offered to come and stay with her for a few days, to cook her meals and be her chauffeur. 

Val lives in a retirement village in a two bedroom bungalow with a very pretty garden. There is an indoor swimming pool in the complex and a park across the road. It really is a nice place to stay and it’s like a little holiday for me. I might become one of those house guests that cannot be persuaded to leave!

I am not allowed to post pictures of Val’s eyes. They are not a pretty sight and we can’t imagine why some people go through this purely for cosmetic reasons.


Val and her greyhound in the sheltered courtyard.


We swim every day and the water is a lot warmer than mine at Burswood.

30 degrees!


The very prolific lemon tree.

The very perfumed frangipani.


One of Val’s many pictures. This is a beautiful photograph taken near Esperance, showing the white sand dunes which look exactly like a snow scene.


This is not a bad place to escape the February heat in my apartment!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful place to be! If I weren't already billeted, I'd see if you would accept another guest. And, that picture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete