Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Dryandra

I’m on a short visit to Dryandra with the Nats Club. It’s about 2.5 hours drive Southwest of Perth. It’s a woodland village far from anywhere else and I was worried about finding my way here as I’m really bad at navigating. I was here  two years ago and Google Maps took me down a gravel road. I was going too fast and braked suddenly and found myself skidding off the road and damaging the underneath of my car.  This was not good. The insurance company decided my car was a write off. I didn’t think it was but what could I do? Anyway this time,  I got here safely. I think we have four cabins reserved for us. They are surrounded by kangaroos: as I have my early morning cup of tea, I’m just watching two of them pretending to fight, just outside amazing .

We are lucky to have Kevin Coate leading the expedition. Yesterday afternoon he led us up and down and roundabout on a 3.5 km trail, (hard going underfoot) but we saw many,  many wildflowers which we would have missed without him. 

There is hardly any signal here . I’m standing in the middle of the kangaroo field trying to post this. Photos later!

No comments:

Post a Comment