Friday, September 9, 2016

Camino Confidential goes to China!

In a week's time, I'll be setting off with 2 intrepid girl friends to Yunnan in SW China. M and V have been doing a course on Chinese Culture and planning this trip for 6 months. I have agreed to go along and left all the organising to them! It's not a walking holiday (and I've been having trouble with my hip of late, and will have to get a replacement soon). It's more in the spirit of "adventure before dementia". JL says: "why on earth do you want to go there?"

Our itinerary is as follows:
Hong Kong
Chengdu
Dali
Lijiang
Zhongdian (aka Shangri La)
Kunming
Hong Kong.

We will be travelling to some high altitude places, so fingers crossed we will be OK! Apparently oxygen canisters are available. The scenery should be spectacular.

Map of Yunnan in SW China

Seen in the travel agents' window today

I'm also reading "Lost Horizon" by James Hilton, a fictional account of Shangri La.

Because we are always agonising over what clothes to take with us, V sent this photo, suggesting it would make life easier:


I replied with this photo, showing - at the other extreme - my knickers with a secret pocket. As we will be travelling to remote regions where there may be no ATM's, a reserve of cash can be carried in this pocket.  It was cut from an old pair, to utilise the elastic on the waistband:


OK, I know I need to lose weight!






No comments:

Post a Comment