Thursday, July 19, 2018

Reflections

We've been home for a week, so here are a few thoughts on our outback holiday.
The flies were a pest, especially the tiny black ones that only bit me for some reason. They have only just stopped itching especially during the night!

I had to bribe E to lend me her fly net for $5 as I'd forgotten mine

The first thing E did on arrival was use up all the free wi fi allocation by downloading stuff from Netflix. After that I had to spend $12 on more, but I kept the password to myself!  E and C loved the station dogs ( 4 of them ) and played with them a lot. Sometimes they came to visit our bungalow and sometimes E went over to the homestead to play, throwing sticks or balls for them for hours!


There were some walktrails to follow, with flowering shrubs near the creeks, but no swathes of wildflowers which you often see up North.
Stump of a giant tamarisk tree, which the previous owners had pulled out of their garden because it was making the surrounding soil go salt
C and E setting out for a stargazing expedition on our last night

No comments:

Post a Comment