Saturday, July 25, 2020

RITH 2

In today’s paper I came across an interestingly article. In June there were twice as many elderly people with hip fractures admitted to one Perth hospital as in the same period last year: 68 of them, average age 80. So JL is not alone. They attribute this to people isolating during the pandemic and taking less exercise than usual. Even reducing activity by a small amount can lead to some weakness developing. Now we know, and I’m constantly reminding my patient to get up on his two pins and walk about. 

The physio has lent him a new walker with wheels and a seat for going outside. It folds up to go in the car boot. We went to Como last night for dinner with C and E. We had been given a beautiful big fillet of Ruby Snapper, caught by the boys up in Exmouth and snap frozen. There are so many huge fish up there just begging to be caught, it seems. I made a favourite dish cooked in coconut milk and Thai spices:




For dessert we had an apple and cinnamon crostata, based on an idea from JN. I just used some frozen puff pastry from the bottom of the freezer: easy peasy. Rocky had a broccoli stalk, which he wolfed down without even tasting it. He doesn’t waste time savouring his food.


1 comment:

  1. I'm happy you enjoyed your crostata. I've made an apple, to see if I would like it, and it was decent.

    ReplyDelete