Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Plans for the Weekend?

I often get asked this and normally I have nothing more exciting than sitting on my balcony knitting. This weekend is different though, as I’m going on a Nats trip to Dryandra. This is a bushland retreat and wildlife conservation village, about a two hour drive south of Perth. It’s going to be sunny, but the night temperatures are much lower than at home. We have to take our own bedding so I’m looking out my warmest duvet and PJ’s. I’m in a cabin for 10 - so this is not a 5-star resort!

Marri Cottage

More about Dryandra here


A high point of the trip is said to be the night viewing of all the little nocturnal animals:


In the meantime, today’s forecast for Perth suggests a beach walk, so I’ve made my way to Cottesloe as have many others. A few brave souls are in the sea, but I’m content to look at it from the shore:






I should have brought a packed lunch, but I was forced into The Shorehouse for something more elegant:


Goldband Snapper w creamed parsnip and stir fried rainbow chard.




No comments:

Post a Comment