Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Zamora 2

Various views from my window:

Looking down to the Roman bridge by which pilgrims enter the city

Swimming pool - I wish!

Better at night
............................
In between the showers, I walked up to the castle. This has undergone a lot of reconstruction as more defensive walls were added throughout various stages of history.




There are triple defensive walls as well as a moat.

Outside view of the unusual dome of the cathedral, with its "scales".



Another view of the Roman bridge

Buildings in Sagasta Square
There are too many Romanesque churches to get my head around. Some are closed on Mondays, some on Tuesdays. I couldn't sort it all out!

Mary Magdalen was definitely closed

Church of Santiago was open

San Juan de Puerto Nueva looked closed, but the entrance was round the side. Photos from inside follow:




Painting in my room titled "A Camino".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment