Saturday, November 13, 2021

Albany to Katanning

The small and compact cabin at Middleton Beach caravan park appeared to be brand new. It had everything a weary traveller might need, including - wait for it - an electric blanket! That says a lot about the weather in Albany. When I checked out, she said the cabin wasn’t new: that was the standard in Big 4 Caravan Parks.



There was a small gas fire in the corner which quickly raised the temperature from 15 to 23:


When I went out next morning to load up the car, my neighbours came out to show me the two lizards that lived under their cabin:



After breakfast I drove 3kms to Emu Point. A pelican was guarding the entrance to the boat pens:





Back along the scenic route from Middleton Beach to Albany, I stopped to take a few more pics:





Next stop was the Albany Farmers Market which takes place every Saturday. There seemed to be far less stalls than usual. Locals get there at 8.00 am, so I was quite late arriving at 11.00 am. Blueberries were sold out, but I came away with a big bunch of asparagus and some macadamias:







The majority of stalls were garden plants and veggies.

On the road to Katanning, I stopped to visit the Sandalwood Shop which is just north of the airport. Earlier in the year I had checked out their Kununurra establishment. They have diversified their inventory but everything is rather pricey:







I finally bought some soap; Cleopatra used it to keep her skin beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment