Friday, January 6, 2023

Coogee roundup

It’s been a few lazy days by the beach; worth doing to escape the high temperatures in Perth. The snorkelling was slightly disappointing: not as good as last year. There was quite a strong easterly in the early mornings which stirred up the sediment round the wreck. As it gains in popularity, the number of people seems to scare off the fish and make them too shy to come out of their hiding places.

Evening strolls were good:

Sunset

Moon rise



By Thursday, I was running low on supplies. Kailis Fish Restaurant in Fremantle was calling when I discovered it was only a 15 minute drive away:

Snapper & Chips




The people on the next table ordered this, which looked more interesting:


People watching from my veranda continued:

Cabin 52A - a good spot for future reference


On my last morning, I went for a swim inside the 2-hectare shark net. Lots of oldies were there at 7.00 am just walking up and down in the water. I walked one way and swam back. No wind today: just a perfectly still day with welcome cloud cover.



Image of the wreck from today's paper.
Now there will be even more snorkellers!



No comments:

Post a Comment