Monday, January 2, 2023

When it’s hot…

New Years Eve wasn’t too bad, but it’s getting steadily hotter as the days go by. We had lunch in the garden on Saturday and the temperature was just right:


We enjoyed a few seafood delicacies from Kailis, including garlic prawns, lobster croquettes and seaweed salad:



Later in the day, people took up positions along the riverbank to wait for the fireworks. Parking was hard to find. I went for a walk and was asked if I was leaving, as a harassed car driver was hoping that I would vacate a spot. I said I’m on foot and just live next door so I can watch everything from my balcony.



With the Perth forecast about to reach 36/37 degrees this week, I’ve escaped to Coogee for a few days to a cabin by the sea:




This is the view from my veranda looking towards the caravan park. It’s nice and shady and surprisingly quiet, given that the No Vacancies sign is up:



The beach was windy in the late afternoon:



I’ll be up early for a swim tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment