Thursday, September 7, 2023

Extraordinary escape?

I’m in Dwellingup for the weekend with the Bushwalking Group. Recently, I’ve been watching the TV series Extraordinary Escapes in which Sandy Tostvig and a friend stay in remote but luxurious places, with stunning views of lakes or sea and equally stunning architecture. I would say that my accommodation here is at the other end of the scale. I’ve chosen the cheapest place I could find, since I’m saving up for my trip to Japan at the end of October. I’m in a “Bushwalkers Room” at the Caravan Park, designed for people doing the Bibbulmun Track. There is an ablution block and campers’ kitchen just across the way, so there is everything I need and absolutely no frills.

It’s a beautiful afternoon and the forecast is good for the rest of the weekend - though the nights will probably be very chilly. I noticed that Sandy Tostvig was always very well wrapped up in many layers of clothing: the British weather never seemed to favour them (but that’s why I’m in Australia!)


My little room


Dwellingup is a timber town




Wildflowers in the caravan park





PS. Reply to JN on previous post:
Yes, the most recent ones are here. The problem is that 2 months worth of photos have disappeared from my posts from early April. The reason I use an app is that it’s easier to post with a small-screened iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. Is that purple and yellow flower an orchid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it’s a type of pea, known colloquially as Bacon and Eggs.

    ReplyDelete