Friday, September 1, 2023

Taste of Japan

It’s C’s birthday on Monday. We celebrated in advance at Hayashi, the best Japanese restaurant in the neighbourhood. The first thing I did was to photograph the artwork as it reminded me of some I have hanging on my wall at Burswood:









We enjoyed sashimi and deep fried octopus for starters. For mains, E had salmon, I had a duo of prawns and scallop, C had barramundi.





The high light of the evening was the robot which served our food. Her name was BellaBot. She spoke with a soft female voice. We googled her and discovered she cost maybe $17,000 or $26,000 depending on the model. C said it’s cheaper than paying a human waitress, but the restaurant had plenty of those as well. Maybe she needed a more Japanese name.



In two months, I’ll be going to Japan. This was just a taste… Watch this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment