Saturday, December 30, 2023

Artists

There is a lot of indigenous art on display around the hotel. My favourite is in the foyer, but I can’t afford it! (In fact, everything here is super expensive - due to the remote location, I suppose). After an early morning swim at 6.15 am and a leisurely breakfast, we walked into the “town” centre to visit the GoCA (Gallery of Central Australia). C was tempted by a big red dot painting, but again the price was beyond her means and in any case it would require a bigger house in which to display it to its best advantage.

There was also a gift shop to explore and we both bought ourself a lovely China mug with an aboriginal design. I can add this to my collection at home (stop at 6 now?).

My favourite 

Inside the art gallery 



C looking through the piles of paintings


My china mug has the following inscription inside it:
“Seven Napaltjarri sisters were pursued by a Jakamarra man. Helped by spirits at Uluṟu, they rose to the sky forming part of the Pleiades.”


Even the carpets have interesting designs:



1 comment: