Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pontevedra

This is where I had lunch today, a recommendation from TripAdvisor:


It is the unassuming place on the left, the one with no tables outside.

Eirado da Lena menu

Tea light on table in a hollowed out pebble.

Aperitif: potato purée (or thick soup) with a soft egg in the middle and tasty fried breadcrumbs on top.

Entree: dumplings stuffed w squid in its own ink. 

Second entree: foie.

Main: rape (fish!) w white asparagus, baby carrot and pieces of boiled onion. The latter was a touch of genius.

2 glasses of Albariño 

Dessert: hazelnut brownies, their version of a French "coulant", 8 minutes in a hot oven, so that the inside remains runny whilst the outside is cooked.


The best gourmet experience of the trip: no doubt about it!


This is where I'm staying:


This morning was lovely and sunny as I walked around the historic centre of town. I strolled across this square, the Praza do Ferraria:


I also did a bit of shopping.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I found your web site via Google even as looking for a comparable topic, your web site got here up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, simply become alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you happen to proceed this in future. Many folks shall be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete