Saturday, May 18, 2019

Cabo da Mundo

This Casa Rural (Cabo do Mundo) is a long way from civilisation, but has an amazing view over the vineyard terraces and a meander of the River Miño, to the south of Chantada. But it is really too remote to do any good, even though it’s only 9 km from town. The road in is really narrow with hairpin bends, but fortunately there is absolutely no traffic on it!  Cabo do Mundo can be translated as End of the World!

A woman called Esther is looking after it in the absence of the owners and has departed leaving me a free run of the place, including the kitchen.  I can cook myself an omelette w. chorizo tonight. The room comes with a bottle of local wine. The fridge is full of goodies, which I can help myself to. She will return to make my breakfast at 9.00 am tomorrow morning. I am sitting on the terrace outside my room, enjoying the sun on my back. 

My room is called the Bodega Room.
It’s cut into the rock and was a wine cellar. But there is aircon if it gets cold!

The incredible view!

But wifi is non-existent.

More views of the house.


More info on the region here:





No comments:

Post a Comment