Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Ponferrada

I left Astorga at 9.00 am. Luckily the bus was a bit late. Dina gave me a lift back into town from Santa Catalina. I can’t begin to describe the kindness of Carlos and Dina, owners of Via Avis. Nothing was too much trouble for this friendly couple! Everyone running a boutique hotel should be like them.


The bus took an hour on a very picturesque route. I should have been walking this, but my knee has let me down. I dropped my backpack at the Hotel El Castillo and took a taxi to Clínica Ponferrada to consider my options. I communicated with the doctor via Google Translate ( what did we do before this?) He wanted to give me a general injection in the buttock, but I asked for a more precise one in the knee. As I write this I’m still wondering how effective it’s gong to be.


I might add the day has been beautiful, hot and sunny. It would have been wonderful on the tops. I know, because I did it 5 years ago. Pest! However, I see pilgrims struggling with the heat as they enter town (it’s currently 32 degrees) and I’m sitting outside a shady pavement cafe drinking an Estrella Galicia. Next job is to find an ATM and a nice restaurant for dinner. This knee will not spoil my holiday!


I’ve been to Tourist Information to ask about the train which runs along the Camino Invierno Route tomorrow morning. It’s a slow regional train and I will go as far as Monforte de Lemos, admiring the scenery from the train window.




Templar Castle, the most famous sight in Ponferrada.




Street of the Clock.




1 comment:

  1. Good day everyone reading this, My name is Sarah Keith and I am from the USA. I want to give a short testimony on how I was able to get a legit blank ATM card! As at last week I urgently needed money to pay my kids bills and start my own business, I was having no where to get any help so I was online and I saw a post that Mr Alexander is giving out blank ATM card, So I have to give them a try because I needed money urgently I copied his email address and sent her a personal message applying for the blank card, I got a reply from him and I sent them all what they asked me to my greatest surprise they really delivered the card to me in my door steps, I got the card and went straight to the nearest ATM machine to give a try and it really works,I made a lot of money from the card!! Now am doing great and living good life with my family please if you are out there in need of help urgently please contact Mr Alexander  via email:alexenderhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete