Sunday, November 22, 2020

Katanning to Ravensthorpe

We were a bit hot in the night, thanks to the high quality feather duvet on the king sized bed. Breakfast was in the Dome Cafe on the ground floor of the mill and we discovered that Dome owned the entire establishment and had financed the restoration, no expense spared. A superb purple motorbike was parked outside, property of the local vicar:


We drove along straight roads through wheat fields, lined with lovely mallee trees:







At Ongerup we hoped to visit the Mallee Fowl Centre, but in spite of lots of signage it was all closed up, presumably a casualty of Covid.  The town was all quiet, except for the area of the grain silos to which large vehicles came and went every few minutes, depositing their loads:





Our destination for the night was Ravensthorpe, where I had a booking at the motel. The accommodation cost $110, so we didn’t expect luxury; but our little unit has everything we could require including a decent fridge:


The place is up for sale: 12 units and manager’s residence for $850,000.

Ravensthorpe is known for its “silo art”. There is a trail all around country W.A. but this is the first one I’ve seen:







The artist, Amok Island, has done these huge murals around Perth including a big fish on the wall of Kailis.

Back at the ranch, H discovered a very unusual banksia where the flowers hang down instead of going straight up:




Finally I had a chat with a man in a neighbouring unit. He earns a living killing wild dogs which prey on sheep. His vehicle has the euphemism  “Animal Solutions”:




















2 comments:

  1. I think I would be enjoying this drive. Great scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How i was able to have my ex back with me again


    Hello everyone i want to testify of the great and powerful spell caster named Dr IYAYA who brought back my ex who left me and got engaged to another girl,We where happy together when all of a sudden he just change he used to call me every morning and and night before going to bed but all that stopped when i call him he yell at me and told me he didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore i was so sad and confused i didn't know what to do then i went online to search on how to get back my ex then i found an article where someone was talking about how the great and powerful Dr IYAYA helped her and she left his email address i took it and contacted him i told him my problem he only smiled and told me to relax everything will be OK i did everything he asked me to do and he assured me that after 24hrs he will be back,To my greatest surprise the next morning it was my boyfriend he came back knelling and begging for me to accept him back now we are so happy together he can also help you contact him Here: Doctoriyaya@gmail.com you can also reach Dr IYAYA throungh WhatsApp Number: +2347032756397
    If you wish to know more about Dr IYAYA visit he website you may found your solution there www.https://dr-iyaya-herbal-remedy.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete