Sunday, March 28, 2021

Chinese tasting

E has a part-time job in a Fremantle Dumpling House. I wanted her to experience an up-market Chinese restaurant by comparison. Silks at Crown Perth is the place. C had given me a Crown gift card for Christmas, so the three of us blew it on a splendid meal. We all ordered the Tasting Menu, which included small servings of all their signature dishes.

The mysterious entrance to Silks.





The two erstwhile vegetarians decided to indulge in everything on the menu, including wok fried beef fillet and Peking duck wrapped in a pancake.




My favourite dish:
King Prawns tossed in Tamarind Sauce.

Top: Peking Duck pancake;
Bottom left: assorted dim sum;
Bottom right: dessert.


The dessert was a beautiful concoction which resembled Chinese lacquer. It consisted of  a dark chocolate shell filled with blackberries citrus jelly and other small delicacies.


E looked very glamorous in a strapless outfit.


I just looked my normal self.

Everything was unbelievably delicious. I was still full next morning! Where can we try next?


1 comment: