Sunday, April 4, 2021

A Walk in the Park

At the end of the month, I’m planning to drive up to the Kimberley. To remind myself of some of the plants I’ll see up north, I went to Kings Park botanic section to see what is in flower at this time of year. There are parts of the garden devoted to each region. This is a tiny fraction of what I saw:




The plant diversity in Western Australia is pretty amazing in itself, but there are also lots of endangered species to think about.
Hairy Sucker Grevillea;
Tiny ground cover, vulnerable in the dry Wheatbelt.


Eneabba Mallee.


Phalanx Grevillea.

Round leaf Honeysuckle.

This really is soft and silky to the touch;
the cultivated variety not so much.


Grevillea intricata.

Hakea rhombales.


Kingsmill's Mallee, Pilbara.


Acorn Banksia.

Looking down on the Old Swan Brewery and the river.








1 comment: