Monday, October 9, 2023

Japan!!

Today I received a lovely email from R, the American lady who will be sharing a room with me on the Japanese trip. It reminded me that I should get on with some serious planning. I’ve borrowed the Lonely Planet guide from the library, but I don’t find it easy to use. I keep getting lost in the index. My plan was to photocopy pages giving info about the main places on our itinerary: easier said than done! 

 This is a list I want to focus on: 
 Tokyo Asakusa Kannon Temple
 Hakone 
 Kanazawa
 Gokayama 
 Hikone 
 Kyoto 
 Takamatsu on Shikoku Island 
 Tokushima 
 Osaka. 

 The guided tour ends in Osaka, so I will take the bullet train back to Tokyo and spend the final night there before flying home next day. I’m travelling with Singapore Airlines via Changi. There were many alternative ways of getting to and from Japan, but I finally decided on this one. 

 The first photo shows Senso-ji, the oldest Buddhist Temple in Tokyo. The second is a souvenir bought years ago by JL on a trip to Japan with his son. It’s an example of Chokin ware.

2 comments: