Monday, September 20, 2021

Busselton Jetty

On my way down to Margaret River, I stopped for a couple of hours in Busselton.  I hadn’t walked the jetty for some time. Today was the day: bright sunshine but with a cold wind from the east. I was glad of my coat. The jetty is 1.8 kms long, the longest wooden jetty in the Southern Hemisphere.





There is a little red train for those who don’t want to walk. It is apparently solar powered. There are encouraging signs on the ground for walkers:


JETTY BUSSELTON JETTY



At the end of the jetty is an underwater observatory.




There are various pieces of artwork to add interest during the long walk.
Pieces of the original jetty which was destroyed in a cyclone have been retained alongside.

I walked 8000 steps today.

At the end of the jet 

The Busselton Jetty is 1.841km long. It is the longest timber piled jetty in the southern hemisphere 

The Busselton Jetty is 1.841km long. It is the longest timber piled jetty in the southern hemisphere 

1 comment: