Saturday, April 30, 2022

Los Arcos to Torres del Rio

A perfect day for walking on the Camino! It was still and sunny, no mud underfoot and a nice wide track. I even took off my jacket for the first time. Let’s hope the rainy spell has come to an end.

As I only had a very short day (less than 10 km) I took my time and the walk was very pleasant: no stress! We passed between long fields of wheat and also some pea crops, which really smelled of peas. I might have picked a few, but there was a ditch in between.

Sansol in the distance.


Wheat crop.

At Sansol I stopped for a coffee. There was a lovely view down to Torres del Rio:




Flowers on the way.


My accommodation in Torres: Casa Rural San Andres, the building above the arch.


Octagonal Church at Torres del Rio.


Same spot 8 May 2013:



At 6.30 pm, someone came to open the Church; it is an unexpectedly small octagon once you are inside. I took the following pics:









People enjoying themselves outside the Hostal:


This is a lovely new Hostal, perfect apart from one thing. There is a DOG in the next room!

Dinner was fun. I sat next to a Scotsman and opposite three Korean girls. This was their dinner, pork knuckle;









1 comment: