Monday, June 22, 2020

Town Beach

There have been a lot of changes to Town Beach since we were last here: sandstone blocks, landscaping, green grass, children’s playground etc etc. I could hardly recognise it. I thought they must have removed the iconic Japanese gateway, so I was delighted to find it still in position:


Looking out to the mangroves:

:


Some of the artworks in the pavement:



Ideal spot for a coffee:


At the Visitors Centre I had a walk round the outside as I knew they had plantings of Kimberley flora. I found a Wickham’s Grevillea and a Gubinge Tree:



Gubinge Tree; airport behind.


The Gubinge has a greater concentration of vitamin C than any other fruit and is much prized by the aborigines, but it’s not in season just now.

The Pandanus had shed loads of nuts:


Grevillea and Acacia:

















1 comment: