Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Walking in the sun

Another visit to King’s Park was called for after the wash-out on Sunday. Yesterday the weather was much improved and a beautiful sunny day ensued. I also had to get out of the house, because a nearby apartment was undergoing noisy renovations which began with drilling up the old tiles. Now that the building is about 10 years old, everybody wants to renovate. It drives you mad, as noise reverberates everywhere.

King’s Park is always full of interest and the Botanic Garden section has representative species from all over the state: 


I specially like the Kimberley area. I found a better example of the Birdflower, which shows how the name originated:


I also retraced my steps to the Wickham’s Grevillea, where I found both red and yellow varieties:





All these can be looked up on W.A.’s website FloraBase, a mine of information about plants and their distribution:



This is a pandanus tree, showing its roots and big fruits:


Finally, I went across the “treetop walkway” and then walked back below it:









1 comment:

  1. An arboretum near me has a skywalk, similar. I've never been on it.

    ReplyDelete