Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Malaga to Granada

When I went to the station the previous day, I was told that they couldn’t guarantee that there would be any trains on 30 April. They didn’t say why. (Was it to do with the fact that 1st May is a big public holiday here?) I was advised to go by bus, so that’s what I did. ALSA were running plenty of buses; they took half an hour longer, had many stops, but were cheaper. My journey was from 12.00 to 2.00 pm. I took a taxi to my hotel, Anacapri. The traffic was heavy at this time of day. I was pretty hungry and soon found a quick bite just round the corner:


Everything is mechanised, but instructions come in many languages.

Hotel Anacapri is surrounded by eateries of every kind. It’s on a pedestrian street but is extremely noisy, with most of the noise coming from other guests talking in the foyer. It does have a beautiful bathroom, with a mirror that lights up at the push of a button on the glass itself:



I’m

I woke up this morning to pouring rain: don’t say it has followed me from Malaga! I decided to cheer myself up with a nice breakfast:



The other news is that there are no tickets available for the Alhambra for about 2 weeks. It appears that everyone books well in advance. Oh well, I have seen it before. So, when it stops raining I’ll just walk up there and see it from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment