Thursday, June 9, 2022

Finisterre to Santiago

What a difference a day makes. It’s hard to keep up with these sudden changes in the weather. I slept till 8.00 am this morning -rather late on the Camino - and the first thing I saw was a woman going for a swim. I was in two minds whether to do the same and take an afternoon bus back to Santiago, or whether to just go and get the long bus journey over with.


My hotel room decor: I particularly liked the wallpaper, which has a rough surface and silvery lines to look like tiles.

After breakfast, I decided to leave Finisterre, so I packed my bag and walked slowly into town. I stopped to buy some cherries at a small supermarket: they are cheap as chips now that we’re in the middle of the season.

As it happened, Monbus put on an extra service at 11.45 am. It was a brand new bus and went direct instead of hugging the coast. It took just over an hour instead of the previous 2.75 hours. I caught glimpses of pilgrims doing the three day walk as the bus whizzed past.


I had a light lunch at the Parador: an Aperol Spritz, followed by grilled sardines with piquinos de padron. 


It was warm enough to sit outside on their sunny terrace, with the best view of the Cathedral:



Back at my hotel, I have a single room this time, up in the attic:

It’s a bit hot as it was 26 degrees when I arrived, but cooling off nicely now that the sun is going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment