It was a good turnout for the latest bushwalk: 15 people. It started literally just down the road from where I live, so there was no excuse! We met at Taylor St Carpark and set off eastward, crossing the bridge to Heirisson Island:
It must be years since I explored this island, even though it’s just on my doorstep. It’s bigger than I remembered:
 |
| Looking back across the river |
There was a lot of standing water after all the recent rains and several people wished they had brought better footwear.
We all decided on the shorter version of this walk. We did around 11,500 steps or 6 kms. It’s a while since I walked so far, so I felt very pleased with myself at the end.
 |
| A group getting prepared for the zipline: no thanks! |
 |
| Lunch at the end of the walk |
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heirisson_Island
No comments:
Post a Comment