Sunday, September 13, 2026

Spring

There’s something in the air that tells you winter is over. The garden at Como has burst into colour. The wisteria gives off a beautiful scent, as it continues to hold up the deteriorating fence:



The bottle brush is redder than ever and hosts lots of noisy birds high up in its branches:

The Meyer Lemon has also come into flower:


On Friday, C told me to visit Wireless Hill to see all the wildflowers, so I was there on Saturday morning taking lots of photos:


From general shots to close-ups, I really need a better camera, but my iPhone is always in my pocket and ready to use:

Kangaroo Paw



Cat’s Paw

Milkmaids

There are plenty of interpretive boards and occasionally they are actually near their subject:


The most abundant orchids just now are the donkey orchids:


A few elusive spider orchids are to be found:

JL used to be good at spotting these, having grown up in the bush.

Pink lady orchid (I think)

This is another, longer walk, but I didn’t do it this time:




No comments:

Post a Comment