Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Moissac to Toulouse


The replacement bus (bargain at 5€ - though I wasn't looking for a bargain- just wanted to get there!) went slowly through the rain soaked countryside and along the Canal du Midi(?) before hitting the motorway into Toulouse.

Toulouse Matabiau Train Station was a madhouse as a result of the strikes. I had to queue for 45 minutes to wait for ticket J168 to allow me to speak to someone in Information!  It transpired that most Intercity Trains were running, but all local trains were cancelled. The lady at the Moissac stAtion had given me a list of all the replacement buses which connected all the small towns. This would have meant a myriad of changes all day. The Toulouse lady suggested the Intercity to Bordeaux and then the Intercity to Bayonne, a long trip out of my way and costly at 56€. I decided to take that option, as it meant I had 1.5 hours to take a taxi to St Sernin.  Mission accomplished!


Now in Bordeaux!!!!
Thank God for Macdonalds free wif-fi!

1 comment:

  1. What a shame that you have had to deviate from The Route.
    Being in Bordeaux has it's compensations - other than McDos.

    ReplyDelete