Saturday, June 24, 2023

Broome R and R

Bali Hai is the perfect place to relax after the long drive. That’s what I’ve been doing for the last couple of days. The design concept is based on Balinese architecture and the Balinese way of life (but, importantly) without all the noisy and polluting motorbikes that clog the roads nowadays in the real Bali.

The owner, Andy, describes his dream in this video:


In the past, C wrote a glowing review of the place, and Andy contacted her to say thank you.

Here are some pics of my doings:

G and T at the Sunset Bar in Cable Beach.



Waiting for the sunset at 5.20 pm.


Saturday morning at the Courthouse Markets.

Mango smoothie for breakfast: you wouldn’t believe how many packs of frozen mango are used at this stall! There were seven girls working hard to serve all the customers. I might have to go again!

There is always a singer performing on the steps of the Courthouse. I lay down in shade to listen, looking up at the trees:



On my way home, I stopped at Matso’s for a coffee:




I admired this crab in the art gallery next door.


Lunch in my private courtyard at the Bali Hai.


Entry to my villa.


Plan of the resort: I’m in number 29.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The problem with implants (apart from the cost!) is that you have to wait six months after the original tooth has been extracted.
      M.

      Delete
    2. This is a reply to Cup on the Bus.

      Delete