Thursday, June 1, 2023

Mallorca part 1

What can I say? This is the perfect place to end a holiday. After a fairly strenuous Camino and an even busier few days of sightseeing, I can now relax and be looked after by the staff of the BonSol Hotel. This is my little corner room:



And best of all, this is my balcony from where I can sit and watch boats coming and going across the Bay of Palma:





Nothing much has changed since I was last here 5 or 6 years ago. The family are visible checking on everything. Martin, the boss aged 81, was walking around early this morning when I first got here. They made an effort to get my room ready for an early check-in. Meanwhile I went for a swim in the heated pool. I was told that the water is kept so warm by using the excess heat from their big fridges. It really is warm (and the weather is cooler than usual for this time of year).

Dinner in the main restaurant is a 4-course affair. Today I could only manage 3 and had to go without dessert. Highlights were a quiche and some grilled fish:




A pianist was entertaining us all through the meal:




1 comment:

  1. That meal would have finished me, too. It looks mighty good.

    ReplyDelete