Monday, June 5, 2023

Mallorca part 5

I started the day’s activities with a visit to the Cathedral. It’s a vast Gothic structure and the enormous interior was already packed with tour groups listening to commentaries in various languages. I didn’t stay long.



I thought about taking a bus to Valdemossa as it would make a nice change from Palma and an opportunity to see some of the Mallorcan countryside.

First, I had to get to the main bus station: another enormous underground operation:


From here, buses go in all directions all over the island. All are powered with natural gas.

Valdemossa itself is surrounded by a mountain range:

View of Valdemossa from the bus.

I had a quick lunch on arrival:



Sangria and a Mallorcan dish of fried liver and veggies.

The main attraction here is the monastery where the ailing Chopin and George Sand spent a “winter in Mallorca”.













View from the terrace garden, looking back towards Palma.


Giant cactus in the garden.





1 comment:

  1. A lovely visit. I think of such cactus as growing in Mexico or the Texas of California desert.

    ReplyDelete