Friday, June 2, 2023

Mallorca part 2

On today’s itinerary was a trip on the bus into Palma to do a bit of shopping. My memory served me well and I got off at C and A in the centre. This British store seems to have folded elsewhere but it’s doing good business here. There were fantastic reductions on at the moment. I just wanted an outfit that I could wear for dinner at the BonSol; my Camino gear is a little too casual for their elegant dining room. I also had a look round the Spanish chain store El Corte Ingles  and took a photo from the top floor cafe:


In the late afternoon I had a walk from the hotel in the opposite direction, checking out the public Illetas beaches:



I walked as far as the Ministry of Defence establishment which occupies its own sea access, then turned back.

I changed for dinner into my new outfit:



On the menu tonight: aubergine stuffed with spinach, calves liver with onions and apple, Sachertorte (which I haven’t tasted since I lived in Vienna). There was a violinist playing tonight: I asked him to play the Blue Danube Waltz, but he couldn’t find it on his backing repertoire.

1 comment:

  1. That outfit will take you most anywhere! Dinner sounds grand, especially the torte.

    ReplyDelete