Saturday, June 3, 2023

Mallorca part 3

Today was rather lazy as I slept till 8.30 am, but I still managed a swim before breakfast. The warm pool soon gets filled up with little kids later, being taught to swim by doting parents:



At midday I took a taxi to one of my old haunts: Wellies pub in Punta Portals. I used to go there a lot when I had my place at Bendinat. The whole marina has become quite busy, with lots of trendy shops as well as boats. The old King, Juan Carlos, used to keep his private yacht here; after a few scandals he abdicated and now lives in Saudi Arabia. I walked around, looking at where all the boats were registered, many from Valletta and a couple from London:


Wellies: bigger and better.


This one’s for sale.

There is some serious money here. You need a flash car as well as your yacht:





I just had a drink and did some people watching for half an hour:





1 comment: