Wednesday, May 5, 2021

FC to Bungle Bungles

Swimming in a billabong yesterday:




Information boards at Geike:





On the road to Halls Creek:



Free wi-fi at Halls Creek- yay!!

To backtrack, I slept very well in my tent, in spite of many diverse animal sounds in the night. I thought it was cattle chomping, and in the morning I was told there had been wild boar. It was very bumpy on the road. The 4WD bus jolted along and it was really hard to write on my iPhone. I need a stylus!

After Halls Creek and its amazing free wi-fi at the Visitors Centre, the next stop was “China Wall”. This is a natural geological formation of quartz, but everyone thinks it’s a human construct. 



After that we drove past Old Halls Creek settlement on a very bumpy road (Duncan Road) to a billabong at Palm Springs. We had lunch in the shade then I had a chat with an old indigenous lady who was exactly my age. She was part of the stolen generation and after being in the orphanage was sent to work as a servant on a station.


2 comments:

  1. Now mum, there are those of us who would caution you against swimming in croc-infested waters. Even if they are freshies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip gets better and better. Sleeping on the ground or on a cot?

    ReplyDelete