Sunday, July 10, 2022

Karratha to Port Hedland

An easy day’s drive, so I set off quite late (10.30 am). I made a brief stop at Roebourne just to stretch my legs. The river is pretty, but nothing was open in town on a Sunday morning:




I had a break from driving at a 24-hour stopping place. A big flock of white cockatoos had also stopped there and were well camouflaged in the trees:


At Port Hedland I had a booking at the Hospitality Inn, just across the road from Cemetery Beach:





An aboriginal family was having a BBQ and all the kids were in the sea.

This beach is know for turtles and there are plenty of information boards about the hatching process:









A final shot of the sunset, then I went back to my hotel for dinner. This was delicious chilli and garlic prawns w rice and mixed veggies:






No comments:

Post a Comment