Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Aumont Aubrac to Finieyrols

It was another sunny but cold day as I left the Gite au Ferme du Barry. First stop was the boulangerie to pick up a ham sandwich. I was hoping to get a coffee en route at the pretty village of La Chaze de Peyre, but the Bar Restaurant was up for sale! The church was nice though.

In the next village, Lasbros, a herd of cows was being driven down the street like a stampede. The farmer shouted to me to get out of the way and go behind his tractor! I was happy to oblige!

I had a beer with lunch at Les Quatre Chemins. Madame Regine, thin as a rake and chain smoking, told me how the place had burned down a few years ago, after an explosion of fuel in the kitchen. She herself had done the Camino from Paris in 1989.

The afternoon turned cloudy and cold as I did the last part of the way to Finieyrols, a farming hamlet in the middle of nowhere. The Gite is next to the cowshed and inundated with flies. They are driving me mad buzzing round as I write this! On the way here, one farmer had tried to fence off the way to keep his cows from straying. I wasn't strong enough to open his makeshift gates and had to crawl underneath commando style! The second one I opened but couldn't close, so I just left it. The barbed wire was quite dangerous.




No comments:

Post a Comment