Monday, May 9, 2016

Singapore to Frankfurt

Premium Economy on Lufthansa.  Was it worth the money?  The plane was smart and new and the service efficient. The late meal of Chicken Biryani was delicious. The only apparent advantage of P. E. was spacious seating and the fact that the cabin had lots of spare seats. However, there was no taking advantage of this fact to have a proper lie down. The armrests were rigid and housed the tray tables. I probably got about 4 hours sleep. It seemed a long time till breakfast.

I passed the time watching 2 films. First was The Lady in the Van, based on the Alan Bennet story. It was really funny, and the equipment was new so that every word could be heard clearly.  Later I watched I'm Off Then, a German film with subtitles about the Camino experiences of Hape Kerkeling, a comedian whose best selling book sold the idea of going to Santiago to thousands of German pilgrims. I have it on my bookshelf at home. I was pleased to note that I could almost watch the film without reading the subtitles!  (I really could have done with a French film, but none caught my eye on the long list).



This is my plane just arrived in Frankfurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment