Monday, May 16, 2022

Acebo to Molinaseca

I thought it would be a short and easy day so I left late: after 9.00 am. This was the view from their terrace, looking towards Ponferrada:

I’m

This is the view from the Camino looking back towards the hotel:



In fact it was not an easy day at all. The trail was as stony as ever, with some really steep bits which merit double exclamation marks in the Brierley guide. (I only saw this afterwards). There were, however, excellent clear views in all directions of distant mountain ranges. If only they would improve the Camino in these parts!




Flower of the day.


This is the entry to the little town of Riego de Ambros and some information about its historic roots;


Unfortunately nothing was open to provide a coffee or anything else for a weary pilgrim. I just had to press on to Molinaseca, which kept appearing through the trees in a tantalising manner.




Finally I was there and it was lunchtime. Time for a big pilgrim menu: artichoke hearts, meatballs, flan:






Molinaseca is known for its Roman bridge. They used to dam the river here to form a swimming pool, but not at the moment:


A beautiful spot!





Typical street scene.


The street where I live.








2 comments:

  1. Yes, lovely town. Are you about done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet: a few kms to go to reach Santiago!
    M.

    ReplyDelete