Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Las Herrerias to O’Cebreiro

A cold and drizzley day was forecast and I knew it would be a steep climb up to O’Cebreiro (which it was!). It was 2 degrees when I ventured outside. The first thing I saw were the horses. An American woman I’d spoken to before had booked a ride and she was waiting for the start at 9.00 am. She said there were another 2 horses available and it cost €40. The only snag was you had to know how to ride a horse. I would like to have done it, just for the experience, but it’s so long since I rode on horseback, I might be a liability.





The first opportunity for a coffee and a rest was at La Faba. The place I remembered from a previous trip seemed to have burned down. A brand new bar had replaced it nearby, into which lots of tired pilgrims arrived, cold and dripping wet.


The view when the low cloud drifted away.

Wet cobwebs.

Orchid.


Bracket fungus on a log.



Queuing up to order a drink at La Laguna, only 2.5 kms to go now!

Just after this, I saw the horses coming back.


A significant spot: the border into Galicia.


My attic room at Casa Anton in O’Cebreiro.

1 comment: