Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Five Guys and the Fair

I needed a quick bite to eat, hours before the Spanish dinner time. I went to Five Guys ( a rival to McDonalds) where they make a big thing of displaying where their potatoes come from on any particular day. Today it was from a farm in the Netherlands:





The place comes highly recommended:



Then it was time for the Fair. I discovered there were plenty of busses going from Tower of Gold by the river. I knew it would be pretty chaotic over there and it certainly was! But I had to see it.






Matching outfits are the go.

There was nowhere to sit down except in the beer tents, which were all full to capacity with noisy revellers. The rooftop terrace of my hotel was calling me back. But where was the return bus stop? Even the policeman didn’t know. The only thing was to retrace the route on foot. This heatwave makes life difficult. Normally April can’t be so hot. At least I wasn’t wearing a flamenco outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment