Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Top of the Rock

On my last day in Gibraltar, I caught the cable car to the top of the Rock. I got there shortly after it opened at 9.30 am. About 16 people get packed inside. There is also a way up by road, but I imagine the bends would be horrendous. You go from sea level to 410 feet (or is it meters?)  Here I am at the top:


This is looking down towards the airstrip:

Monkeys everywhere. There are signs to keep your bags, esp. plastic ones close to your body, as the monkeys think there might be food inside. One actually did try to grab mine as I was trying to film the cable car going down:

Here they are eating some apple:


Looking across to Algeciras where I was staying before:





Monkey in a dangerous spot on the cable car mechanism:




I need to get down now!

No comments:

Post a Comment