Saturday, April 27, 2024

Fuengirola to Malaga

What a difference a day makes. It’s actually raining this morning! All those people who came to escape the English weather will be totally fed up. But I imagine the locals will be happy as there is an impending drought and water restrictions over summer.


I had breakfast at Meson Salvador. All the other customers were Spanish, so it seems the Brits don’t know about it.

The Osborne bull stands guard over the town, with a bank of low cloud behind it.


This picture is in my room: such a good idea. I must try to copy it.


A sculpture on the beach yesterday. In the palm of my hand?


……… later:

I took the commuter train into Malaga: very convenient because there is a stop just behind the hotel. Everyone seemed to be going into town because of the poor weather, so the train got more and more crowded as we neared the city. On arrival, it was still raining and of course it’s a known fact that there are no taxis when it rains. I finally managed to get one and was transported to Hotel Eliseos, which is opposite the bull ring.


These shoes are not the best for wet weather ( though they were ultra comfortable on the long flights).


My budget room.


Delicious lunch across the road. The best Moules Marinieres this side of Marseille.








1 comment:

  1. Your budget hotel looks nicer than Motel 6. The moules look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete