Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Gibraltar

I talked to two Swiss men at my hotel in Algeciras and they said they didn’t like Gibraltar because it was so crowded. They were right! It is packed in the middle of the day as more and more visitors arrive! I am staying in the Emile Youth Hostel in a tiny little room, which is situated in an annexe next to St Theresa Child Care Centre. 

At the other end of town is the famous Rock Hotel, which has a superb view over the harbour:


You can just see the cable car going up, top right.

I’ve already achieved one major objective: getting fitted for a bra and a swimming costume at M&S. Now I can relax for a bit, with a little sight seeing:






Haddock and chips last night: very tasty!


Looking up towards the rock from Grand Casemates Square.



No comments:

Post a Comment