Monday, May 22, 2023

Fonfria to Triacastela. 8.8 km

Casa de Lucas in Fonfria was a cosy little place with only 4 rooms. The food was excellent: for dinner I had mixed salad, pork & mushroom casserole, coffee ice cream.



It was another cold start to the day as I left this farming village and followed the Camino downhill:



I stopped for a coffee and a donut at Casa Quiroga in Biduedo. The cows were being taken out to their pasture, a scene that was repeated several times today as this is definitely dairy country:





The views today were magnificent: miles and miles of rolling hills.




Flower of the day (the orange one). What is it?

My knees started to protest with so much downhill. I was glad to see Triacastela appear in the valley below:


In the tiny village of Ramil is this famous 100-year-old chestnut tree:

A plaque said that the poor peasants of Ramil had to pay taxes to the wealthy monastery of Samos.

Just round the bend we came to the first bar in Triacastela, just opposite the Municipal Albergue. I had a quick snack to help me on my way to Casa David at the far end of town. It’s a warm afternoon: perfect for a siesta.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I enjoyed meeting you and am enjoying your blog! Buen camino and good wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hills to look over as you walk. I hope your knees feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking public transport from now on!
    M.

    ReplyDelete