Saturday, May 27, 2023

Toledo observations

Firstly, about my hotel.
There are said to be three floors, reflecting the traditional makeup of Toledo’s population: Christian, Moslem and Jewish. I am on the Christian floor, so cannot speak for the others. Breakfast is served on the top floor with a close-up view of the Cathedral:


This is from their own website.


This is from my window.

Manolo himself is there in the morning, seeing to the check-out, but most of the work is done by a Tamil girl from South India who speaks to me in English.

I love their towels and would like to “souvenir” one, but I won’t:


My initial too!

I spoke about overpopulation of the human race. Toledo has an issue with pigeons. They live on all the small balconies, where people hang fairground whirlies to keep them off. This doesn’t work. Opposite me are two pairs of pigeons, who live amongst their own excrement:



Great piles of it! Not very nice!

This evening the rain in Spain finally caught up with me. I had walked up to the lookout over the Tagus gorge for a G&T:


 I hurried back to my hotel after the first few drops, but still got a bit wet. Luckily I had previously bought some provisions: yogurts and a fresh peach, which I enjoyed in my little room.

Actually, sightseeing is quite tiring!


1 comment: